Dip Dye is here to stay!
After thinking about it for months I finally did it and dip dyed my hair pink a month ago. At first I did not know whether to go to the hairdressers or do it myself because it looked so easy on youtube and because I couldn’t wait any longer I did it by myself in the end. I watched some videos on youtube to see how to proceed and then i just started and there was no way back as soon as I applied the lotion to bleech my hair 😉 After that I just had to apply the colour and wait a few minutes.
If you’re thinking about doing it too just go for it! Anyway its just your tips and if you don’t like it anymore after a few days or weeks you can always cut them or dye them again in another, more natural, colour 😉
Here’s what you need to do it:
- a brush to section your hair and hair ties
- towels or bin bags to put over your shoulders
- pre lighter or bleeching lotion if you’re not blonde yet ( + I took some aluminium foil to wrap around my hair tips while they were bleeching)
- coloured dye (I bought mine in an alternative shop because “regular shops” didn’t have flashy colours)
How to proceed:
- first I put the towel or bin bag over my shoulders
- I sectioned my hair with the brush and made two braids (make sure the ends are even!)
- I put on the gloves and applied the bleech evenly on my hair tips, which I wrapped up with kitchen foil
- After aprox. 45 minutes (because I have dark brown hair) I rinsed out the bleach and rubbed my tips dry with another towel
- I applied the coloured dye on the tips and waited for +/- 30 minutes (without kitchen foil this time but I think you could use it anyway so the dye doesn’t dry to fast)
- Again I rinsed out the dye and blow dried the tips
I think you could reapply some coloured dye and wait if you need cause you can make the colour stronger by applying it a second time…